Thursday, May 13, 2010

WALKING IN THE BUSH - by Maddi'


Taking a walk in local nature reserves is so different now I have begun to look around to see which flowers are in bloom. My eyes open wide with delight when I spot a bush flower that I recognise. Little Flannel Flower in abundance makes me smile inside and out. It is so tiny yet how did I miss it all these years? The She Oak stands majestically on a rocky outcrop bending to the whim of the four winds. Her flower is blood red. Mountain Devil flowers pass through such a variety of stages from early bloom to perfect stance, then fading glory as they wither. I take a moment to thank them for their gift of beauty and longevity throughout the ages, determined to walk more often and stay a while longer.

Maddi'

No comments:

Post a Comment